LOVE RIVERSIDE LIFE
The ARC West London campus is designed to help scientists and innovators thrive. World-class lab and office space, riverside views and a friendly community supported by a rich event programme providing multiple ways to connect and collaborate. And, ARC members have access to on-site break-out spaces, a cafe, bookable meeting rooms and event facilities.
Our Community and Events team is standing by ready to help you get the most out of everything on offer – whether it’s hooking up with like-minded businesses, or getting your teeth into street food. It’s a packed schedule every week in our event spaces. The campus offers the chance to work and play in an energetic, energising environment – to ‘Live the Lab Life’.
And, when our landmark Refinery Building opens, you and your team will have access to the ARC Club; a members lounge providing an extension of your working environment with break-out spaces, a cafe, bookable meeting rooms and event spaces.
ARC West London is part of the booming West London life science ecosystem. Our neighbours include:
IMPERIAL COLLEGE AT WHITE CITY
• Specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business
• 17,000 students from over 125 countries
• Part of the White City Campus Life Science hub
CHARING CROSS HOSPITAL
• Home to Imperial College’s medical training & research campus
• Leading clinical research facilities
• Internationally renowned for clinical research
• The Medical Research Council’s West London home
INSTITUTE OF CANCER RESEARCH
• One of the world’s most influential cancer organisations
• Awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for world leading research and drug discovery
• Part of the University of London
ARC West London is on the former site of the Manbré and Garton Saccharine Works, established in 1876.
The founder, Alex Manbre, came to England to scale up his innovative new process of making sugars from potato starch.
The business continued until it was bought by Tate and Lyle in 1976. The sugar works ceased operation in 1979 and was redeveloped with the construction of two buildings known as Riverside and Waterfront in the late 1990s.
Riverside was the headquarters of RAPP, an advertising agency, until they moved to the Southbank in December 2015. ARC, a company established by Brookfield in 2022, is now redeveloping the campus to support West London’s science and innovation cluster.